Monday, August 19, 2013

Against the (American) Grain

2 Articles I read today that make me AMEN!

About Calories and Thermodynamics: http://www.allouteffort.com/2013/08/the-law-of-calories.html#more
My mom was right all along -- eating too quickly can make you fat! She's always right about these things... "don't drink Gatorade", "sleeping at regular times of night makes you taller" yeah, yeah :) It's all about the TYPE of energy you eat! And why I honestly have always thought that it's a bit silly for people to be so obsessed with counting calories, the pure numbers without regard to everything else!

On the American lifestyle: http://outofthewoodsfornow.tumblr.com/post/58690475122/aint-no-gyms-here
YUP. The dieting, running, and fitness class obsessed culture of our country is correlated with our huge rates of obesity right? In this sense, we need to find the Middle Way like other countries have. It allows them to be healthier and most importantly, happier! Like Ajahn David always said, "not too much, not too little". (I DO enjoy pushing myself to my limits in regards to rugby though, like how other countries enjoy running around playing futbol from grassroots to ultra-competitive environments. Just get out there and do it! Spontaneously! ...pickupquix app anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment